A commercial lift station is a vital component of many commercial septic systems. If you have a system where waste must flow in a direction gravity would not usually dictate, you need a lift station to make sure everything keeps moving in the direction you need it to go.
Commercial lift station repair is necessary for easy operation and maintenance in any facility that has a septic system with this configuration. There are multiple reasons why keeping this task on your list of important things to monitor is crucial, and below are our top five.
- Preventing system failures. Keeping up with regular maintenance and repairs curbs forthcoming issues before they turn into big problems. By being proactive, it is easy to avoid costly failures with your system which may lead to interrupted operations.
- Prolonging equipment lifespan. There are various components that make up a lift station, such as motors, control systems, and pumps, and all components will wear down eventually with use. Regular commercial lift station repair can curb small issues early on, which reduces the chances of breakdowns, extending the lifespan of the equipment.
- Meeting regulatory compliance. There are various regulations and environmental guidelines that go into wastewater management. Maintenance of your lift stations includes testing and inspections, which will ensure compliance with standards and protect you from possible penalties.
- Reducing health and safety risks. Any poorly maintained lift station is a health hazard and poses safety risks to the employees and other people in the surrounding space. Issues such as leaks and blockages cause spills and contamination, which may lead to water-borne diseases or other health hazards.
- Cutting costs. Investing in repairs for your lift station may feel like an added expense, but it is a cost-saving measure in the long run. Fixing minor issues prevents escalation into bigger problems, which can be very expensive. Additionally, regular repairs are more efficient, hence reducing energy consumption and utility costs.
Timely commercial lift station repair is crucial for maintaining the best performance and efficiency of your system. Marion Pumper offers these services and more to guarantee smooth operation and the maximum lifespan of all lift station equipment.